October 26, 2012

Quick Update

Phew! I'm feeling much better, thankfully. I'm not totally feeling 100% yet, but maybe 75% and no longer feel like I'm going to die!

Know how I know I'm feeling better? I'm up and doing stuff instead of interacting with my couch like it's my long lost friend.  I finally did my dishes, cleaned up a bit (can we say tissues everywhere?) and now I'm sitting here with a deep conditioner on my hair. So I'm feeling productive, which is a change from the rest of this past week.

As I said, I'm deep conditioning my hair, and I use olive oil mixed with any old cheapie deep conditioner. The reason for this, is that for me, plain olive oil doesn't work well as a deep-ish conditioner for my hair. I mix it with a thick, creamy conditioner and microwave it until it's warm, (about 10 seconds) mix well and I work it through my dry hair, plop on a shower cap (even saran wrap works if you don't have a shower cap) run a blow dryer over it for about 30 seconds and quickly wrap it all in a towel and let it sit for an hour or however long I can.Then I rinse well and shampoo - no additional conditioner needed.  My hair comes out so, so soft, it's amazing, and the feeling lasts for a few days. I try to do this once a week, but normally it only happens every 2 weeks.

I have a ton of laundry to do from this week, all the blankets I used when sick most especially. Gotta get rid of any lingering germs on things, such as remotes, phones, toothbrush etc. I don't want to reinfect myself!  Anyway, while I'm toiling away at work tonight, and chores this afternoon, my hair will be silky soft!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keto Friendly Free Chicken Adobo Recipe for Keto Diet

 Creamy Chicken Adobo  FREE Keto Friendly Recipe Creamy Chicken Adobo Keto Recipe This Keto Friendly recipe uses coconut cream (yum!) t...